Donald Carpenter of Eye Empire Picks the Top Five Live Shows that Impacted His Music Career
Hard-rock group Eye Empire released Impact this past summer and have been touring since. We asked lead vocalist Donald Carpenter (pictured third from left) to pick the top five live shows that impacted his career.
1. Metallica in Ft. Worth, Texas, 1997 Cunning Stunts Filming "To be a part of a DVD filming took the meaning of 'live show' to a whole new level."
2. Slayer and Hatebreed in Orlando, Florida, 2004, at House of Blues "I had never seen such energy from a crowd. The command of the audience had me in awe. It was overwhelming. Meeting the guys after topped it all off!"
3. KISS in Dallas, Texas, 1999 Psycho Circus Tour "No one can fully understand just what a rock show can be until you've seen a KISS extravaganza. This was the first reunion and they brought the pain!"
4. Live in Dallas, Texas, 1994, Throwing Copper tour "I was just beginning to discover my vocal influences at this time and this record was huge. After seeing the passion and energy live, I knew what I wanted to do in life."
5. Metallica in Orlando, Florida, 2003, Summer Sanitarium Tour "This was my third time seeing them but my first meeting them. A huge lineup with a once in a lifetime experience. Inspiring."