Phil Sgrosso of As I Lay Dying Picks His Top Five Favorite Beers
There's a lot of activity in the As I Lay Dying camp as of late--they released their sixth album, Awakened, in September and are ready to tour on the Monster Energy Outbreak Tour next month (see dates right here). The Revolver-sponsored trek is headlined by Asking Alexandria, with As I Lay Dying as direct support.
If one thing is synonymous with metal concert-going, it's beer drinking, a combo as old as this genres existence. So As I Lay Dying guitarist Phil Sgrosso (pictured left) has picked for us his Top Five favorite brews.
1. Green Flash Trippel "A very strong but smooth-flavored beer from my hometown of San Diego."
2. Gambrinus Pilsner "You can get a pint of this for a Euro in Eastern Europe. It has all the things I look for in a simple and light-flavored beer."
3. Oceanside Ale Works American Strong Ale "The flavor of this beer will knock you off your feet. An intriguing flavor that all beer lovers can respect. It's brewed a couple miles away from where I live and only served in local bars."
4. Franziskaner Hefeweizen "A must-have whenever in Germany. A little on the heavy side but sweet and tasty."
5. Modelo Especial "A delicious beer while hanging outside in the summer. Add a lime slice and you're good to go."