Comedian Doug Stanhope Lists the Top Five Places to Kill Yourself
It should be no surprise if you’re familiar with Doug Stanhope’s particularly acerbic and nihilistic brand of comedy, that the guy is a fan of hard rock and metal. Nor that many rockers and metalheads are fans of his. Stanhope’s new special Beer Hall Putsch is available now on CD and digitally, and will be available on DVD in November. You can also check out his website for his upcoming shows.
When we asked him to contribute a list for our website, he suggested a typically dark concept: the Top Five Places to Kill Yourself.
“A girl I knew recently took her own life by overdosing in a cheap motel.,” he explains. “It made me sad not only because she was still very young and extremely attractive, but also because she was so much more imaginative and colorful than going out that way. I won’t say suicide is a decent option in most cases, but if you are headstrong about doing it, here’s a few ways to make it noteworthy and fun.”
5. Chuck E. Cheese “These children are far too sheltered from the grim realities of the outside world. Punch up the party with a lethal dose of the ugly truth and be the GG Allin of the mechanical band. Coin the phrase ‘Cashing in your skee-ball tickets.'”
4. Bill Murray’s House “Bill Murray has gained quite a reputation as a prankster, urban legend or not. What a cheeky comeuppance it would be to kill yourself in his house and leave all the evidence pointing at him! It’ll take a little Ocean’s Eleven planning figuring out how to get his fingerprints on a murder weapon or possibly some of his semen to leave in one of your own cavities, but the pay off will be fantastic. Sure you didn’t do it Bill. No one will ever believe you.”
3. Black Jack Table “Nothing will remove the smirk from that Asian dealers face like a shot under the chin, raining brains all over his 5-card 21 that took the last of your chips. ‘Good luck,’ indeed!”
2. New Years Eve “I haven’t left the house on New Years in a decade at least. The most irritating rubes in the world use it as an excuse to get rookie drunk, kiss a girl, and make a bunch of dumb promises to themselves they’ll never keep. Find the biggest party you can get invited to, wait for the countdown to get down to about 4 and then plummet from the rafters on a noose with no pants on. You know some drunken hump will still robotically mutter, ‘Ha-ppy neeew year’ over the stunned silence.”
1. Virgin Atlantic First Class “The BBC once flew me from LA to London on Virgin First Class and spent more than five times on the ticket than what the show was paying me. Limo ride from my house, a seat that reclined into a bed, full menu including filet mignon, scheduled massage, even an actual U-shaped bar with seats. Too bad I took way too many Xanax and slept thru the whole 14-hour flight. Next time I’ll enjoy all the amenities for the first six hours or so, smoke a cigarette in the toilet and overdose, choking down morphine with free champagne. Massage with a real happy ending.”
Alert to All Users of the Disqus commenting system: Because of a recent global security issue, the Disqus website recommends that all users change their Disqus passwords. Here’s a URL about the issue: http://engineering.disqus.com/2014/04/10/heartbleed.html