The Road to SXSW: Crossfaith List Their Five Favorite Things About Texas
In preparation for Revolver’s March 15 Raw Power Management/The Agency Group SXSW showcase in Austin, Texas, we asked the guys in Crossfaith to list their five favorite things about Texas.
01. SXSW: “I guess the most famous thing in Texas is SXSW. It has been our dream to playing at SXSW for a long time, because many Japanese bands don’t get the oppotunity to get outside of Japan. I’ve heard so many great things about SXSW. We’re so glad to get a chance to show our music to you guys! I can’t wait to have good times with our fans and friends!”
02. Tokio: Do you know Texas is a part of Japan? Haha! There’s a city in Texas called Tokio. I was surprised when I heard about it. I’d love to go there and compare Tokio to Tokyo.
03. Tex-Mex Food: I love Tex-Mex food! Especially tacos — one of my favorite meals in the world. But we’re from far east Asia (Japan), and it’s hard to find Tex-Mex restaurants in Japan. So when I find Tex-Mex food, I always get it. Please tell me about great tacos places in Texas on Twitter or Facebook!
04. NASA: Don’t laugh! To be an astronaut was my dream when I was young. NASA is the closest place to space. I used to think NASA is greater than the government! Everybody knows Apolo 11 didn’t get the moon, but I still believe they walked on the moon. And playing a show outside of the earth is one of our huge dreams as well.
05. Minute Maid: The best beverage! I just found out the Minute Maid head office is in Texas as I was answering this question. I don’t drink other fruit juices. It’s little more expensive than others, though. If I have a chance to get to their HQ, I’d like to grab a bunch of juices for the tour!
Revolver‘s SXSW showcase will take place this Friday, March 15, at the Dirty Dog Bar, 505 E. 6th St. in Austin. The show, which is presented by Raw Power Management and The Agency Group, kicks off 8 p.m. (doors 7:30 p.m.). Here’s the lineup: 8 p.m., Immanu El | 8:45 p.m., Monster Truck | 9:30 p.m., Crossfaith | 10:15 p.m., Young Guns | 11 p.m., Of Mice & Men | midnight, Chiodos | 1 a.m., Lacuna Coil
Visit Crossfaith on Facebook, and look out for the next SXSW blog post!