The Road to SXSW: Of Mice & Men’s Austin Carlile Lists His Five Favorite BBQ Foods
In preparation for Revolver’s March 15 Raw Power Management/The Agency Group SXSW showcase in Austin, Texas, we asked Of Mice & Men’s Austin Carlile to list his five favorite barbecue foods.
01. Beef Brisket: Sliced or chopped, pink around the edges, nice and tender, smoked, perfect! Sandwich or by itself. And don’t forget the pickles on the side!
02. Pulled Pork: Throw some on a bun with some cole slaw on top and you have yourself one of my favorite sandwiches.
03. Pork Ribs: What’s BBQ food without fall-off-the-bone ribs? I like dry rub ribs as well!
04. Potato Salad: Leave the skins on, use some red garden potatoes. One of my favorite BBQ side dishes!
05. Corn Bread: Everyone claims their mom made it best. Mine actually did. A little sweet, maybe served with some homemade molasses as well. With a wash back of tea? Heaven.
Revolver‘s SXSW showcase will take place this Friday, March 15, at the Dirty Dog Bar, 505 E. 6th St. in Austin. The show, which is presented by Raw Power Management and The Agency Group, kicks off 8 p.m. (doors 7:30 p.m.). Here’s the lineup: 8 p.m., Immanu El | 8:45 p.m., Monster Truck | 9:30 p.m., Crossfaith | 10:15 p.m., Young Guns | 11 p.m., Of Mice & Men | midnight, Chiodos | 1 a.m., Lacuna Coil
Alert to All Users of the Disqus commenting system: Because of a recent global security issue, the Disqus website recommends that all users change their Disqus passwords. Heres a URL about the issue: http://engineering.disqus.com/2014/04/10/heartbleed.html